What is FibrePro?
FibrePro is a highly weatherproof protein, mineral and vitamin supplement for all classes of cattle.
FibrePro contains a slow release protein that simulates the effect that lupins or soybean meal have in the rumen. Additionally, FibrePro has trace minerals that are equally important for maintaining appetite.
Supplementing non-protein nitrogen (NPN) to livestock grazing mature pasture or crop has many benefits:
- Rumen microbe activity is amplified assisting fermentation and digestion
- Plant digestibility increases up to 30%
- Animal appetite is stimulated encouraging high intakes of feed
- More energy is extracted from feed, assisting with growth, reproduction, lactation and meat and wool quality
- Pastures are grazed harder, ensuring a more efficient utilisation of pastures or stubbles
- A healthier rumen means vitamins and minerals are absorbed more efficiently from feed.
The Secret to FibrePro
The secret to FibrePro is Biuret, a sustained release non-protein nitrogen.
Biuret is a poly-urea compound that breaks down slowly in the rumen.
Independent university trials show that Biuret breaks down in the rumen at similar rates to soybean meal.
The Biuret Advantage
FibrePro and its ingredients are more efficiently captured by rumen microbes; which means the rumen is working harder to digest forage.
FibrePro is part of the WeatherPro range. WeatherPro weatherised minerals provide significant advantage over power type licks and blocks.
- Larger particle size assists in shedding water.
- Larger particles are heavy enough that wind does not blow away the expensive ingredients.
- The formula has built in palatability so stock will take it.
- It remains palatable after rain because of the unique water resistant coating on every particle.
Another advantage of including Biuret in the FirbrePro products is that it has a sustained release rate, which prevents a build-up of ammonia in the blood and drastically reduces urea toxicity risk.